The gates are a part of the defense system of Gradec and the only door that still exist today. They were built in the 13th century and received its present form in year 1760. In passing through the gates is the chapel with an image of Our Lady of the Stone Gate, the patroness of the city, a memory of the image that has survived intact during the great fire of 1731. Besides the baroque altars from the 18th fence century, a typical medieval shop has been preserved, called "under the bolt". Stone Gate, a symbol of the city, immortalized in the novel Goldsmith's Gold (1871)., of a jeweler and his daughter who lived in Kamenita street. The taking place of this historical novel is marked by a female statue, "Goldsmith's Gold", placed in a niche on the western front.